none
External Web Page with Login Not Passing Credentials to Internal Server? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a client that has a website that allows users to login using a userid and password. Once the user has entered valid credentials links appear on the portal page to allow the user to view documents, etc.  One of the documents is a link to a report which is stored on an internal Server (behind the firewall/dmz).

If I login to the Portal page from outside the clients network I can view all the documents except the one that resides on a different server, it errors out with a simple, 'This page can't be displayed' error and 'Fix connection problems'.  However if I launch the portal page from a machine in house and login to the portal I can then navigate to this report/link and open the report without error.  It doesn't matter when I'm in house if I open the portal page from a local workstation or a server it works just fine.  This leads me to believe that something from the Portal Login/Server isn't getting passed to the other server to allow the user access to view the report.

Where/what is the best way to troubleshoot this as I don't see any real valid information from the Web Browser using 'Developer Tools' from outside the client network?

Any ideas/suggestions on how to best troubleshoot are greatly appreciated.

Friday, March 4, 2016 3:55 PM