none
Installtion of Windows XP embedded w/SP2 Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

While Installting the Windows XP embedded w/SP2 , in the Database setup Progress it is giving the Error Promt saying that a file is missing with Options Retry or Cancel.I cheked the file it was there.Retried that but again and again i m getting the same error.

Can anyone help me out.

Quick response apprciated.

Regards

Pankaj

Monday, January 7, 2008 9:22 AM

All replies

• It's possible that something is corrupted in your installation, and you may need to reinstall your database from scratch.  If you can post the full text or an image of the error you're getting, we can try to diagnose the problem further.

If it turns out that you need to reinstall your database, please first run the Uninstall option from "Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> Windows XP Embedded Database SP1".  This will remove the SQL database and clean up some of the folders in your repository.  After this is finished, please go to your Repositories path (usually C:\Windows Embedded Data\Repositories) and delete all remaining folders and files.  You can delete the Windows Embedded Data folder as well.

Once done, please proceed with the database install starting with Disc 2 of your installation kit.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:03 PM