website shows CRM alerts RRS feed

• Question

• User1292358045 posted

I have an asp.net site run at www.<mysite>.com, I want to made any request that target <mysite>.com redirect to www.<mysite>.com

I create a new website under IIS (windows 2012 server), called <mysite>.com, binding and redirecting set.

However, when I try to access <mysite>.com in browser, I got following page instead of redirecting

I don't install any CRM software on server, so I don't know what to now. Any one could help me this problem?

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:37 PM

Answers

• User1292358045 posted

No need to create a new site, just add an additional hostname binding of mysite.com to the existing site.  You could then amend the session_start or similar in the global.asax file to do a redirect if the url doesn't have the www, or use the url rewrite iis plug in (not sure if it can handle redirecting on domain, but it probably can).

This does not work. It seems whatever Microsoft CRM hijacked all requests to <mysite>.com, and display the CRM alert page. I tried remove <mysite>.com site, and add binding to existing www.<mysite>.com, still if I try to connect <mysite>.com, I got the alert.

Weird enough, if I remove all bindings and sites to <mysite>.com, only www.<mysite>.com active, then when I try to connect <mysite>com, I got no connection error, which is expected.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:52 PM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

No need to create a new site, just add an additional hostname binding of mysite.com to the existing site.  You could then amend the session_start or similar in the global.asax file to do a redirect if the url doesn't have the www, or use the url rewrite iis plug in (not sure if it can handle redirecting on domain, but it probably can).

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:43 PM
  • User1292358045 posted

This does not work. It seems whatever Microsoft CRM hijacked all requests to <mysite>.com, and display the CRM alert page. I tried remove <mysite>.com site, and add binding to existing www.<mysite>.com, still if I try to connect <mysite>.com, I got the alert.

Weird enough, if I remove all bindings and sites to <mysite>.com, only www.<mysite>.com active, then when I try to connect <mysite>com, I got no connection error, which is expected.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:52 PM