none
Insert an empty Signature into Word document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I would like to sign my MSWord documents using .Net Office-interop. 

I do know that one can insert an signature field using the following lines.

object sigID = "{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}";
                        SignatureSet signatureSet = oWordDoc.Signatures;
                        Signature objSignature = signatureSet.AddSignatureLine(sigID);

I also know that one can insert an invisible signature that does not modify document's layout using the following command.

Signature objSignature = signatureSet.AddNonVisibleSignature();

However this line requires to sign the document immediately and this is now exactly what I want.

Here is what I want, I want to insert an invisible  signature field and sign it later with an API. If I insert a signature line it defies the requirement; Document layout should be intact. Does anyone know how to insert an invisible signature line or a nonvisible signature without signature.

Thanks everyone

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on the description, you want to add en invisible signature line or a nonvisible signature without signing.

As far as I know, there are two ways we can sign an Office document. One is that adding a signature line which is visible in the document and we can sign it after it is inserted into the document.

Another way is that adding add invisible digital signatures into the document. And it will sign the Office document immediately.

This feature is by design, so we can hardly to add en signature line with delay signing. You can get more detail about sign Office document from link below:
    Add or remove a digital signature in Office files

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by mcandemir Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the description, you want to add en invisible signature line or a nonvisible signature without signing.

As far as I know, there are two ways we can sign an Office document. One is that adding a signature line which is visible in the document and we can sign it after it is inserted into the document.

Another way is that adding add invisible digital signatures into the document. And it will sign the Office document immediately.

This feature is by design, so we can hardly to add en signature line with delay signing. You can get more detail about sign Office document from link below:
    Add or remove a digital signature in Office files

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by mcandemir Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:33 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:28 AM
  • I thought I would get this answer. However I still wanted to try. 

So now, basically I have to insert a signature line with X mark.

Thank you for your reply. 

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:33 PM