Visual Studio 2005 - Tools > Generate Local Resource file question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1386562875 posted

When i view a page in design-mode I can generate a local resource file.

When I place a label-control in a r.a.d.splitter control it is not recognized and entered in the resource file. A label-control that is placed outside the splitter-control is created.

What are the rules for this functionality?

Does anyone have a good source on this feature?

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:37 AM

Answers

• User1622957740 posted

Hi Johan, 

GenerateLocalResources looks at properties of each control that is marked with a [Localizable] attribute. If the control doesn't support it then GenerateResources will not find it.

GenerateLocalResources by default iterates through the Controls collection and it knows about a few special collections like columns in grids etc., but it may not know how to iterate through custom controls from third parties and so those keys will not be created. You can hovever attach a meta:resourcekey value on any control - it's just that you have to set it up manually.

Best to check with Telerik...

+++ Rick ---

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:33 PM

All replies

• User1622957740 posted

Hi Johan, 

GenerateLocalResources looks at properties of each control that is marked with a [Localizable] attribute. If the control doesn't support it then GenerateResources will not find it.

GenerateLocalResources by default iterates through the Controls collection and it knows about a few special collections like columns in grids etc., but it may not know how to iterate through custom controls from third parties and so those keys will not be created. You can hovever attach a meta:resourcekey value on any control - it's just that you have to set it up manually.

Best to check with Telerik...

+++ Rick ---

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:33 PM
  • User-1386562875 posted
    Thanx, I will investigate and ask Telerik.
    Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:45 AM