none
Visual Studio 2015 Community version Does not show an external function to the current module or file using (Go to Definition F12)

Question

• I have 2 C files one with the calling function and one with the function definition. Previous version VS 2012 I could display the function using "go to function" F12 key press. 

I can still go to functions in the same file or module but not to ones out side of the current file or module but are still in the solution.

I was wondering whether this is a limitation of the community version as anyone else had this problem?

• Edited by keith278 Friday, December 4, 2015 5:26 PM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi keith278,

To really repro this issue in our side, could you share me a simple sample using one dirve?

Not the real C/VC++ expert, but I test it using the two C# apps in my VS2015 community version, add one project as a reference of the another project, it works normally if I click "Go to function".

As you said that it worked well in VS2012, maybe you could test it in other VS2015 machine, please also make sure that no compiled error in your output or Error list window.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 7, 2015 7:17 AM