Ingresos fallidos Usuario SA RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

Maybe someone can help me, in my work we have windows server 2014, in Windows Server 2019, a month ago I see that the memory consumption is very high and checking in the Even Vierwer I see many failed attempts from public ips from different places in the world, disable the user the SA, change the name but still follow the failed attempts and is consuming too much memory. What can he do?

Thursday, December 19, 2019 9:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

Please refer to following article or thread:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1231882/SQL-Server-Brute-Force-Attack-Detection-Part-2

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/sql-server-being-hammered-by-failed-login-attempts

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 6:26 AM
  • If don't want strangers knocking on the door to your SQL Server, don't expose it on the internet, but put it behind a firewall.

This is has nothing to do with SQL Server "consuming too much memory", though. SQL Server is designed to grab as much memory as it can and stick to it, so it can maintain a big buffer cache. If it is "too much", because other processes get starved on memory, you should set max server memory to something like 80% of the amount of RAM you have in the machine.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Friday, December 20, 2019 10:46 PM
  • Hi Marco,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:46 AM