none
.NET 4 installation fails with error code 1603 RRS feed

• Question

• I tried installing .NET framework 4 RTM using three different installers from Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate RTM, Visual Studio 2010 Express and the web installer. on Windows 7 x64 but they both fail with error code 1603. I noticed that one msi which when installed by itself installs a component called .net framework client profile fails in the log file. It fails and says the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. What do I do to solve this problem?
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi RC120,

you can try to uninstall all .NET-Framework versions on your pc and run the cleanup-tool.

After that try to reinstall .NET-Framework 4

Regards

martinwy

Monday, May 24, 2010 10:55 AM
  • Hi RC120,

Thank you for your post.

To install .NET Framework 4.0, you could try the following steps for further troubleshooting.

1. Download .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer
        Note: You can try some download manager software to help downloading.

2. Use Cleanup tool to clear the failed installation of .NET Framework 4.0

3. Run the installer to install .NET 4.0 with Administrator Privilege
        Note: Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator"

4. If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Diagnose the cause of failure installation
       Option 1:
       Try the points mentioned here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/0376db8f-4761-4ae5-9af2-98c53216318a#How_to_diagnoseVS2008_NETFramework_logs to diagnose the cause of failure installation.
       Option 2:
       Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-yicche@microsoft.com)
       Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, May 31, 2010 2:50 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by RC120 Monday, May 31, 2010 5:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:59 AM
  • I've done all you asked in the prior post. Plus sine the problem seems to be that Windows Installer can't be accessed I tried the registry fix that was linked in another post (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/c12fdcc4-ce66-46fd-b153-96ce5f1e26b3) and after a restart that didn't work either. Next I made a new administrator account and the same error appeared.
    Monday, May 31, 2010 8:20 PM
  • Hi RC120,

Thank you for your email.

I've checked the log files that you sent to me but it's not enough for further troubleshooting.

As a try, you can firstly upgrade your Windows 7 to the latest updates. Then install .NET Framework 4.0 via the steps I mentioned above again. Since it sounds like that your issue could be related to user permission, please remember to right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator".

If the problem still exists, could you please help me to check whether you can manually find dd_*.txt or .NET 4.0 setup related files in your "%temp%" folder?  Please pack these log files up and send to my mailbox.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:50 AM typo
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 4:54 AM
  • Ok.In mmy laptop just workinking very slow but working
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:32 PM