none
Visual Studio 2012 professional does not display .NET Frameworks 4 and above RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed evaluation version of visual studio professional 2012 on my laptop(windows 7 home service pack1). I then installed Microsoft Office Developer tools for visual studio 2012. But when I go to create a new office add-in project none is available.  ON the frameworks tab I see only frameworks upto .NET 3.5 listed.

In my machine I have .net framework 4.5.1 installed and no other .net frameworks are installed.

How to make .net 4.5 framework visible in the dropdown so that I will be able to create office addin projects..

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Answers

• Hello Chaitak,

You can download the required .Net framework version here.

Did you try to click on the More Frameworks link shown on the screenshot?

Note, there is no need to install VSTO. It is included in the paid editions of Visual Studio (not Express).

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hello Chaitak,

You can download the required .Net framework version here.

Did you try to click on the More Frameworks link shown on the screenshot?

Note, there is no need to install VSTO. It is included in the paid editions of Visual Studio (not Express).

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 11:05 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks a ton!! It worked.. The More Frameworks opened a web-page from where I had to install the .net framework 4.5.1 multi-targeting developer pack and voila I am now able to create office projects ...

Thanks again

Chaitak

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:06 PM