The permissions granted to user 'MATRIX\TFSService' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I installed TFS 2008 on Windows 2008 Server and SQL Server 2008 as database. The installation is in a single server deployment. Unfortunately when I try Show Project Portal on my projects I find this Reporting Services Error:

The permissions granted to user 'MATRIX\TFSService' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

I followed the guide Team Foundation Installation Guide for Visual Studio Team System 2008 and on Reporting Services Configuration I did not configure the report server because Team Foundation Server will configure the report server for me.

I checked what about Reporting Server folder in IIS and I discovered that directory doesn’t exist.

Then I tried to set the permissions for reporting services following the address http://localhost/reposrts but I don’t have a Properties tab as I guessed.

Then someone can suggest a possible solution?

Luca

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:12 PM

Answers

• Please check if the page is completely loaded and you have admin previleges on SQL RS.

Shown below is the expected UI and the content:

• Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 10:08 AM
  • Please check if this post helps to set the permissions.

G K
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Wednesday, October 22, 2008 2:48 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2008 7:14 AM

All replies