none
Need certificate server to generate public AND private keys for my 3 other server RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm currently going through the RemoteApp and Remote Desktop Services lab, and it requires certificates. I've created a certificate server in order to generate my own certificates (strictly for lab work and testing purposes), yet when I export the certificate to my other servers, it doesn't give me the option to add the private key to my server when importing. Is there a way to export the certificate from my certificate server to also have the private key for my 3 other servers? My other servers consist of the Remote Desktop Connection Broker, Remote Desktop Session Host, and the Remote Desktop Web Access.

jaytaba@hotmail.com

After some reasearch I determined the best way to handle the certificates for my lab servers is through self signed certificates 

I downloaded "makecert.exe" & "cert2spc.exe" which are  included in the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6c21d2-2006-4afa-9702-529fa782d63b&displaylang=en) &  "pvkimprt.exe"  PVKDigital Certificate File Importer   (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=F9992C94-B129-46BC-B240-414BDFF679A7&displaylang=EN) & used the following procedure to create the .pfx file.  No issues since all my servers are part of the same domain.

1) makecert.exe -r -n "CN=RmtSH-SRV.contoso.com" -b 08/26/2010 -e 01/01/2029 -eku 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1,1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2 -sv contosokey.pvk contoso.cer 

prompts for password)

2)cert2spc.exe contoso.cer contoso.spc

3) pvkimprt.exe -pfx contoso.spc contosokey.pvk

After all this I ended up with .pfx & certificate in the certificate store/ computer /personal , which was sufficient for me to complete my lab work.

• Changed type jaytaba Friday, August 27, 2010 3:00 PM Found a solution to complete my lab
    • Changed type jaytaba Friday, August 27, 2010 3:00 PM Found a solution to complete my lab
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:31 PM