Go back to last running app RRS feed

• Question

• On button click I want to go back to the last running app, just like the back button on android or Alt+Tab. Is there a way to do that?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:02 PM

Answers

• This does not appear to be possible. The only option I could think of would be to have used WinJS.Navigation.back(), but that does not appear to let you back out of the current application context. 

The only other option I could think of would be something like Windows.System.Launcher.launchUriAsync.

With that said, I strongly recommend you reconsider why you think you need to accomplish this. It sounds to me like you'd just be adding functionality that is redundant and possibly conflicting to the native Windows 8 UX where people swipe in from the side (or move their mouse to the left edge of the monitor) to go back to the previous application.

• Proposed as answer by got.dibbs Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:33 AM

All replies

• This does not appear to be possible. The only option I could think of would be to have used WinJS.Navigation.back(), but that does not appear to let you back out of the current application context. 

The only other option I could think of would be something like Windows.System.Launcher.launchUriAsync.

With that said, I strongly recommend you reconsider why you think you need to accomplish this. It sounds to me like you'd just be adding functionality that is redundant and possibly conflicting to the native Windows 8 UX where people swipe in from the side (or move their mouse to the left edge of the monitor) to go back to the previous application.

• Proposed as answer by got.dibbs Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:33 AM

OK, thanks
    Thursday, February 7, 2013 10:13 AM