none
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8000401a The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and passw RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm able to do file saveas to .xlsx when any user is logged into the server, but if none of the user is logged in, then this error appears, Please do suggest possible solution.

Ive tried, Dcom Settings(to This User/Interactive user/Launching User) none works.

Change Dcom settings and gave possible permission(launching/Execute/Read) no luck.

I'm doing it programmatically, and don't ask for code cause it works fine when any one of the user is logged in to the server, same code works fine in other server, same code works fine when complied into x86. If I compile into x64, it fails for the below error.

P.S: Please don't suggest that don't implement in  the server side. I have no option(should be x64 bundle, Server side handling, no user should be logged in as the process is Windows Service)

Thanks,

Karthik

Error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8000401a The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000401A).

Friday, January 10, 2020 4:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Karthik,

This forum focuses more on general questions related to Excel desktop applications, considering the issue is mainly related to code, I will move the thread to Excel for Developers. You may get more helpful replies there. 

In addition, it's also recommended to post a new question to the following forum: .NET Framework for more suggestions. Thanks for you kind understanding.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:15 AM