The table '' could not be found. error in file c:\windows\temp\ }.rpt: the table could not be found. RRS feed

• Question

• User-380113776 posted

I'm working on moving our Intranet site from vb.net 2002 to .net 2008.  When running Crystal Reports from the site it works connecting to database A no problem, but when I have a report that tries to connect to database b or C I get "the table '' could not be found. error in file c:\windows\temp\ ...}.rpt: the table could not be found."

All databases are on the same server and currently work in production.  They are using either a view or stored procedure to get the data.

Friday, September 16, 2011 12:54 PM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi kmassey,

may i know how did you structure your connection string ? Can you please copy the details of your conn string here?

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:06 PM
  • User-380113776 posted

The report connects using the User DSN ODBC that production is currently running, this is only on reports that connect to database B or C that don't work.   Everything that connects to database A works fine and uses the same connection method. 

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:39 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi kmassey,

would you please show the error message here? With an error message, I and the other forum members can aid you better.

If the error message is still the same with the post you made initially, I suspect that your connection string is wrong. It seems that your application cannot find the database B or C. Please double check it again.

P.S: You may need to create a new connection string to connect to database B or C 

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:42 PM
  • User-380113776 posted

The table 'vTruckingMileageLog' could not be found. Error in File
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TruckingMileageLog {A88A1D00-9123-4E0F-958E-B02A214D3850}.rpt:
    The table could not be found.

I can open this report in Dev. on the same server as IIS and verify the database and run the report.  The connection code is the same as production is currently running and works fine. 

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:20 PM