none
2015 Community edition Duplicate code finder

Question

• How do I go about finding duplicate code in the Community Edition?

there any free options?

Thanks,

M

Friday, October 14, 2016 2:48 PM

Answers

there any free options?

Thanks,

M

Well that may depend on the programming language you use. I haven't found one that is for all languages so without knowing the specific language you use I can not search to find a possible match for you.

Update: I did find Atomiq - Code Similarity Finder which says "We currently support C#, VB.Net, ASPX, Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++, ActionScript, and XAML, with more extensions on the way soon. It is the perfect companion tool for someone who updates their code infrequently and can't possibly remember everything in it or for a team of 2 or more developers working on the same project that don't know everything in it since they didn't write it all themselves." and is supposedly cost and registration FREE. But I don't know anything about it so you may want to search for reviews about it.

Also see Must Have Visual Studio Extensions or Tools - Part One.

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Malc63 Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:47 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hi M,

>>How do I go about finding duplicate code in the Community Edition?

As far as I know, to find the duplicated code, you need to use VS2015 Enterprise. And in VS2015 Community, there is no such option of function which support to find the duplicated code.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh205279.aspx

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:32 AM

there any free options?

Thanks,

M

Well that may depend on the programming language you use. I haven't found one that is for all languages so without knowing the specific language you use I can not search to find a possible match for you.

Update: I did find Atomiq - Code Similarity Finder which says "We currently support C#, VB.Net, ASPX, Ruby, Python, Java, C, C++, ActionScript, and XAML, with more extensions on the way soon. It is the perfect companion tool for someone who updates their code infrequently and can't possibly remember everything in it or for a team of 2 or more developers working on the same project that don't know everything in it since they didn't write it all themselves." and is supposedly cost and registration FREE. But I don't know anything about it so you may want to search for reviews about it.

Also see Must Have Visual Studio Extensions or Tools - Part One.

La vida loca

• Edited by Mr. Monkeyboy Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Malc63 Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:47 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 1:41 AM
  • Thank you both for your replies,

Malc

Saturday, October 22, 2016 12:47 AM