none
Cannot install Microsoft Framework 4.0 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I did spend a lot of time looking for solutions online, and reviewing previous threads to this problem.  I apologize, but I'm not very tech savvy, and was a bit lost at many of the steps.  So I decided to ask personally.

I downloaded Framework 4.0 from the Microsoft site with the added security program.  When I tried to open up the program, it would get a little bit into verifying files, and then hang.

I used the cleanup program, then tried downloading the Standalone version.  This one got past the verifying files stage, but the second bar (the installation progress), wouldn't even start. 

When I try to click cancel, nothing happens.  I have to use task manager and wait a few minutes to force the program closed.

I really don't know what the problem is, and any help would be wonderful.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Zuari,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

Before install .NET Framework 4, please finish the steps below:

1. Turn off your anti-virus software during installation;

2. Install the latest Windows updates;

3. Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation. (And don't forget to turn it on later)

Download the installation package of .NET Framework 4 from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

If you still have this kind of issue, please use the collect.exe tool to collect the complete installation logs, and upload the vslogs.cab file in the %temp% folder to the SkyDrive then send me the link. I will do a deep investigation for you.

Best regards.

Samson sun
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:16 AM

All replies

• Please share your install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:22 PM
  • Hi Zuari,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

Before install .NET Framework 4, please finish the steps below:

1. Turn off your anti-virus software during installation;

2. Install the latest Windows updates;

3. Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation. (And don't forget to turn it on later)

Download the installation package of .NET Framework 4 from:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

If you still have this kind of issue, please use the collect.exe tool to collect the complete installation logs, and upload the vslogs.cab file in the %temp% folder to the SkyDrive then send me the link. I will do a deep investigation for you.

Best regards.

Samson sun
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:16 AM