How are plug in configuration settings handled in MEF? RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to use MEF to write a plug in based library, and was wondering the following

1 - how are settings handled for the plug ins?  Do each plug in component have its own App.config? And if so how are they loaded at runtime and provided to the main executing assembly (i.e. combined with the main application configuration).  

2 - Furthermore how are changes to the settings from the user interface  propagated back to the plug in before running whatever process the plug in is responsible for.  

Thursday, April 26, 2018 11:13 PM

All replies

• Hello Sal_s,

>>how are settings handled for the plug ins?  Do each plug in component have its own App.config?

Do you mean that you create some dll files and each has own app configs? When you build these source code has been compiled into dll and CLR will execute the IL language.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 30, 2018 9:59 AM
  • That does not answer any of my questions.
    Friday, May 11, 2018 2:28 AM