IoT Core Release Notes RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for release notes for the current update level of 17763. All I can find is the ones with the servicing from January 2019:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/release-notes/commercial/17763

However, I think there should be newer release notes for the 17763.437 and 17763.737. Am I missing something?

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:33 AM

Answers

• Hello marcow_,

Microsoft publishes OS updates at regular intervals and the IoT Core OS updates are classified as

• Feature Updates - containing new features/improvements, at a half yearly cadence
    • Quality Updates - containing security related fixes and critical bug fixes, at a monthly cadence

The latest commercial release is build 17763 which is published in October 2018. There are no feature updates in 17763.437 and 17763.737, so you did not miss the newer release notes.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by marcow_ Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:47 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hello marcow_,

Microsoft publishes OS updates at regular intervals and the IoT Core OS updates are classified as

• Feature Updates - containing new features/improvements, at a half yearly cadence
    • Quality Updates - containing security related fixes and critical bug fixes, at a monthly cadence

The latest commercial release is build 17763 which is published in October 2018. There are no feature updates in 17763.437 and 17763.737, so you did not miss the newer release notes.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by marcow_ Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:47 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Ok that makes sense. I forgot about the feature updates. But is it possible to find out which bugs have been fixed? We run some devices with automatic update disabled and it would help us to find out which security related issues or critical have been fixed and if those could affect us in any way.
    Monday, September 23, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Hello marcow,

At the moment there is no place you can find the update info about Windows IoT Core 17763.437 and 17763.737.I can only find the resolved issue on Windows 10 here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/resolved-issues-windows-10-1809-and-windows-server-2019

Best Regards,

Michael

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:17 AM
  • Ok, I see. Thanks a lot for your replies :-)
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:47 AM