Windows Server 2012, This site can’t be reached “” server DNS address could not be found RRS feed

• Question

• I have my website deployed in Windows Azure Virtual machine and configured in IIS server. When i do a local explore from the web server its working fine with the local host and i can able to see my website and navigate it properly.

But when i try to access it from public network with the public DNS which azure provides I am getting the error as below.

This site can’t be reached

www.f5debug.eastasia.cloudapp.azure.com’s server DNS address could not be found. Go to http://www.azure.com/ Search Google for f5debug east asia cloudapp azure Home ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

If I can deploy a simple website (sample website with asp.net) and try to access with the same DNS its working fine.

I am not sure as this website is working perfect in a hosting provider (databasemart.com) and when i try to move it to azure its getting this issue.

Kindly help me with some pointers if possible.

Thanks

I have my website deployed in Windows Azure Virtual machine and configured in IIS server. When i do a local explore from the web server its working fine with the local host and i can able to see my website and navigate it properly.

But when i try to access it from public network with the public DNS which azure provides I am getting the error as below.

www.f5debug.eastasia.cloudapp.azure.com’s server DNS address could not be found. Go to http://www.azure.com/ Search Google for f5debug east asia cloudapp azure Home ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

If I can deploy a simple website (sample website with asp.net) and try to access with the same DNS its working fine.

I am not sure as this website is working perfect in a hosting provider (databasemart.com) and when i try to move it to azure its getting this issue.

Thanks

I have my website deployed in Windows Azure Virtual machine and configured in IIS server. When i do a local explore from the web server its working fine with the local host and i can able to see my website and navigate it properly.

Thanks

Thanks Karthikeyan Anbarasan www.f5debug.net Free Ebook on SSIS Tutorial - Download here SSIS Step by Step

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:22 PM

All replies

• Could it be somewhere in your configuration that it allows only localhost and custom domain? So that your application doesn't allow to be opened on www.f5debug.eastasia.cloudapp.azure.com?

First I tought that it was DNS/NSG issue But since you can open sample website this is probably something in app configuration.

Mustafa Toroman, Azure MVP

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:04 PM
  • Have you opened the public access to your VM for this website? I suggest you revisit the NSG rules configured on your VM and make sure that a rules for public access is created (Such as Port 80 for HTTP, TCP protocol). If this is set properly then as Mustafa suggested it might be something you need to check on your app configuration.

Also, open the same ports on the VMs firewall for public access.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by Loydon Mendonca Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:05 AM Added more content about firewall.
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:46 AM