MS SQL 2008 to IBM DB2 migration possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We would need to migrate from MS SQL 2008 to IBM DB2 due to client requirements. Any ideas/tools on how this would be possible without a lot of manual effort? The transfer would include schema, indexes, triggers, etc...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Friday, April 13, 2012 12:57 PM

Answers

• @SoftwareDeveloper83

If you migrate DB2 to SQL Server, I would suggest SSMA. But On the other hand ,when migrating SQL Server to DB2, IBM Migration Toolkit is a good option for reducing manual effort. There is a detailed migration guide in this link.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Monday, April 16, 2012 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Monday, April 23, 2012 2:24 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 2:14 AM

All replies

• I think that is the wrong forum to ask for this kind of help.

You better ask this question in a DB2 forum.

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:50 PM
  • @SoftwareDeveloper83

If you migrate DB2 to SQL Server, I would suggest SSMA. But On the other hand ,when migrating SQL Server to DB2, IBM Migration Toolkit is a good option for reducing manual effort. There is a detailed migration guide in this link.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Monday, April 16, 2012 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Monday, April 23, 2012 2:24 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 2:14 AM