none
What is the best way to display application help? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the best way to display application help? That is to say e.g. (How to use the application etc.)

I tried to use many labels (with differnet formatting) on my help form (to create a document look) but the scrolling was horrible so I rejected this method.

Then I created a local HTML file with the application help. I used a WebBrowser control from .NET framework to show the help (Navigate to a local html file).
    That worked fine but the loading time of the help form was quite long due to WebBrowser control creation and html rendering.

Is there a better way to display application help to the user?
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you have modules or screens that serves to a specific purpose you can create seperate html files for every module. And a main html file for index.

When user clicks on the module link at main html you can load the html file for that module.

And also you can link html files to windows on application.

Hope this will work faster.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you have modules or screens that serves to a specific purpose you can create seperate html files for every module. And a main html file for index.

When user clicks on the module link at main html you can load the html file for that module.

And also you can link html files to windows on application.

Hope this will work faster.
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Hello Tamer,

I only have one html page is very small and simple 4 - 5 paragraphs (500 words) I don't know if its worth using a web browser for this amount of information.
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:27 AM
  • Hi,

If the formatting is not important using a txt file is the best idea.

You can start it with Process.Start
    • Proposed as answer by samiiidrug Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by samiiidrug Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:16 AM
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 7:16 AM