Kinect for Windows 8 Metro apps ??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

I have searched for such a question, but haven't found it, so I decided to ask.
    Is there any plan or possibilities to see Kinect for Windows 8 Metro apps. Since the Metro apps are using native gestures for navigation, I think that the combination Kinect + Metro will kick ass in future. Anyone share the same opinion? Anyone know something about such a plans from the Kinect team ?

Regards,
    Techo

• Changed type Eddy Escardo-Raffo [MSFT] Monday, October 24, 2011 9:54 PM open ended discussion topic rather than a simple targeted question
    Monday, October 24, 2011 11:45 AM

All replies

• I can't comment about future plans, but we are listening, and we do welcome discussion/feedback on this topic.

Thanks for the interest!
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:57 PM
  • What about the possibility to sell apps that depend on Kinect through the Marketplace ?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Well,
    basically what we need is a possibility to control the mouse in Windows 8 with Kinect(we got that already for Win7 I believe) and then navigation in a Metro app should be relatively easy.

It is really exciting how only couple of years ago things like controlling something with your hands in the air seemed so far in the future, but now thanks to Kinect and Metro it is knocking on our door. Kinect is a revolution, but the big hit is the Metro UI, which gives us the developers an opportunity to make a killer Metro apps, in which using the Kinect will seem so natural.

Will be glad if there are other devs, who are looking forward to the new Microsoft Metro UI wave and involving Kinect in it.

;-)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:55 AM
  • I honestly want the kinect but from an IT's prospective i would disable the metro UI in a company because it gets extremely annoying to have to figure out the madness of the metro UI right now in the build they have available to programmers. Think from the prospective of the IT person which setups most of these computers they are definitely not going to have this UI on by default but kinect being used in windows agreed and i want the ability to emulate the people on the kinect as mice in windows 8 (but for now support by default for kinect being used in windows 8).

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:27 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:25 PM
  • Can't people think bigger than controlling a mouse cursor with Kinect? That's probably the WORST use of Kinect, ever. The Kinect has so much more potential than that. Don't get sucked into the old interface metaphors -- think of something new, better, more appropriate.

-- Joshua Blake
    Microsoft Surface MVP
    Technical Director, InfoStrat Advanced Technology Group
    Blog: http://nui.joshland.org
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/joshblake
    Natural User Interfaces in .NET Book: http://manning.com/blake

• Edited by Joshua Blake Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:24 PM fixed sig
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:22 PM
  • yes of course i can use it as a camera and 3d image importation device and more but why would a K-12 IT guy implement such a program in an educational environment if the school doesnt have a need or money to teach a class of that mangitude?

I know it can do more but mouse emulation is so i can use mouse mischief and the multipoint sdk for clickers replacement and smartboard replacement. See my point teachers want that like mouse control feel. why would i pay now for your metro html app when my organization or school organizations probably wont use the metro interface? I dont plan on implementation of until it becomes main stream fully intregrated into the OS and not be able to disable it at all.

Metro UI for schools yuke! I already have a hard enough time getting people used to things now if metro is thrown on them they will start random clicking things and blame us for it.   So hell no on metro ui for school environments.

What do you think kinect will do to navigate metro other then the mouse? Huh? You need to rethink your strategy. Windows is not the xbox my friend. what about older apps that dont support kinect gestures? You have to be considerate of other people too when thinking about these ideas.   

Edit: camera used for skype or other programs but doesnt have a use so it wont be implemented in the school.

I strongly suggest against the metro ui in corporate environments unless it can be turned off. i mean you dont seriously want IT guys to go around to 500 plus computers individually and tell a person okay heres how you open internet explorer or i cant get to my italc program that ran on windows 7 to work on windows 8 do you?

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:37 PM
  • I disagree with some of the points The Thinker listed.

First of all the use of Kinect might be reduced to only certain Metro UI applications and not to the whole Windows 8.

Also about the schools, the Kinect is using natural gestures for navigation, its not like working with mouse or keyboard, it doesn't need training to use Kinect.(and It does need training to use mouse and kb) It just needs to not be used randomly, but only when you have benefits of it. And yes, you don't need a special training for it.

So, basically Metro UI uses now natural gestures and touch screens. Using Kinect will just avoid the touch screens, but will keep the natural gestures and will add more interactivity, more fun and might be more applicable especially for public places. (many random people touching same screen might become an ugly view) ... :-)

Like Joshua said, thinking of Kinect as a mouse replacement is not what actually we should do. Mouse is perfectly fine in a non Metro environment, so thats why I started this discussion focusing especially on the Metro UI and wondering how the Kinect might be really exciting with a Metro UI.

Just a quick idea(I am not in this business, just an idea from an amateur):

A class in the school, every student is with a Metro UI tablet. The whole class is using some educational application. The teacher asks John to go on the "blackboard"(which is running the same Metro UI app) and do something. Instead of evrybody touching some touch screen, which plays the role of black board, the black board might just use a TV with Kinect. ;-) (No greasy screens, more fun, more motivation for the students)

Looking so bad for some Win8/MetroUI Kinect support soon. :-)

Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:58 AM
  • No i  partially disagree because im testing the kinect as a mouse and how would  natively mouse apps that we use that do not have kinect support but do have mice support? Theirs no way your idea works with backwards compatibility so yes your ideas seem fresh but in long run wont work until compatibility issues are resolved.

Think microsoft= money. Big businesses = money. Who do you think they will listen to? I admit its a great idea but they have to have backwards compatibility. Iam excluding 16-bit and other run as this OS support which they do have in  the windows 8 (wish i could run full screen dos apps in 16-bit mode) but can we right now install kinect drivers and use them in now non-kinect apps without a mouse no.

BTW, i was partially agreeing with you but my main point was metro should be optional for enterprise and professional editions for larger organzations but their should still be native support for kinect in windows 8 somehow and allow mouse emulation for older apps.

Now some of the teachers use clickers and teachers have expressed to me how they like the kinect in mouse mode. in mouse mode it works like their smartboards hence lower learning curve for them. When programming an idea user experience is most important.

For example, do the three click and steps general rule where if on a tablet or desktop/laptop computing device if it takes more then three clicks to get to important programs or help files it shouldnt be used because people will drop it in favor of something that does.

Another example, ease of use versus professional/power user people who would hate metro because it hinders them from doing things quickly.

like can i open more then two windows for a programming scenario in metro ui no.

Theirs another thread in windows OS developer preview about the kinect and a different one about metro.

heres the no metro article directly on windows 8 forums (more better discussion then what i have but some of same points if he gets his way which it looks like he is metro is going to be optional then kinect support will be an add-on for metro or just be native support overall for the OS):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/edd456ad-4c2c-49d2-bc7a-0688ec63e388#bb92f9f3-c68c-4d89-90cb-8f9465a3b386

Note: by native i mean default drivers include the kinect drivers so you just plug kinect in and start programming for it allowing a slower transition to kinect controlled windows.
    • Edited by The Thinker Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:35 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:07 PM
  • Using the Kinect Service from Coding4Fun you can use anything you like. They provide both transmit and recieve functionality. You just may not have access to all of the features of the SDK but you will have skeletal and depth data.

http://kinectservice.codeplex.com/

Hope that helps
    David Bates

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:27 PM
  • You don't want to take over the mouse... It would mux up the idea. 

What we need is native support in win8 for Kinect. Just like xbox does it. Show my hands and provide ui elements that can react to Kinect events. 

Just sayin

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:31 PM
  • I think metro unless group policy to turn off will hurt training and backwards capability with mouse only apps which is the only reason a company wouldnt invest time into metro. How would that be addressed natively? For instance, active directory users and computers would be easier to navigate with a normal mouse. Personally exception is touch devices but I would disable metro on non-touch device but Kinect would be a nice enhancement to people that like metro. But for business its likely people will use windows 7 before using metro on windows and that's quoted from local business people.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:57 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:50 PM
  • I think metro unless group policy to turn off will hurt training and backwards capability with mouse only apps which is the only reason a company wouldnt invest time into metro. How would that be addressed natively? For instance, active directory users and computers would be easier to navigate with a normal mouse. Personally exception is touch devices but I would disable metro on non-touch device but Kinect would be a nice enhancement to people that like metro. But for business its likely people will use windows 7 before using metro on windows and that's quoted from local business people.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

I do wish they had confined the metro theme to the start menu rather than taking over the whole screen when using just kb/mouse. The full screen experiance is cumbersome at best to use. It makes sense though as a kinect ui, just like the xbox home screen. you would expect a 50' UI with that kind of technology. 

Let's also not forget that Win8 is in developer preview. We should wait and see what is in the consumer preview before throwing it out of the corporation just yet. I remember with Win7 IT folk would take one look at it and say "That'll never make it to coorporate, it is too Mac-ie to gain the popularity of real business users" and we see what happened with that :) 

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:12 PM
  • I agree that they should have at least had a way to confine metro or turn it off then it wouldnt get in the way when i wish to run my mouse only application. 

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Kinect in Metro style apps is the best that can happen to us developers. The possibilities are endless, it would push the Metro environment as well as Kinect development, and don't the hardware specs for W8 even require a USB port?!

There are plenty of developers out there (including myself) tricking around w/ socket-streaming to get Kinect into their Metro apps, which kinda sucks. Metro is the consumer-side of the W8 platform, so is Kinect.

So just do it, you won't regret!

Monday, February 20, 2012 4:57 PM
  • They should allow metro ui to use it for sure but I still think their should be a metro turn off button for tasks that need precision or would be too time consuming in metro.

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Everything written in this thread has a logical truth. But please think bigger. Kinect has to be a human interface device such as a mouse or the keyboard. It depends to the user wich interface he wants to use. Sure i will use the mouse and keyborad if i have to write a longer text, but if i only want to control my HTPC to watch a movie or if i have to show a presentation and can show the presentation without a pointer or clicker why wouldn´t i do that? There are so many games for xbox kinect. Why shouldn´t they be playable on a windows-pc with the kinect for windows?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:56 AM
  • The kinect multipoint project i did was to make sure that multi-mouse applications can use the kinect too. Problem is possible time consuming initialization for emulator and kinect code when added together but I would say at most 5 min initialization. But overall it helps close the gap for mouse only apps and apps that require a keyboard.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:20 PM
  • I believe that if built in to e.g. a laptop or as the attached link shows (prototype), navigating the the metro interface in the air using Kinnect as virtual touchpad is really interesting and a great addition to the way you can interact with the PC. E.g. without taking of gloves in a work situation or imagine the projektor parrot in the attached clip on a construction site when there is a need to discuss a drawing or 3D model.  You only need to find a wall and start the project meeting.

kinect-pc-becomes-digital-projector-parrot

• Edited by JockeF Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:01 PM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:01 PM
  • metro disabled still doesnt stop you from developing kinect apps thats what people think but its untrue you can still develop you app and the marketplace might be a built-in feature wheter metros on or not that people can access when they want to for windows apps and games. I wonder anyone got a link to the windows marketplace app submission that will ship with windows 8? because wheter metro makes it in i think marketplace will still be a nice addition because someone could still make a kinect application and sell it.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:01 PM
  • I read the entire discussion on this thread. And 1st of all I totally agree to those who say THINK BIGGER. I am deeply convinced that Windows 8 with a Metro Style UI and NUI interaction - kinect is only one possability - are a natural conjunction.

The 1st computer interface experience of my daughter was using a mouse. She was 4 years old and simply couldn't naturally handle the overall technical concept of using a mouse device. That's what it is: I am watching a 2D screen surface and need to interact with it using not the screen surface directly but a seperate device that I need to use in order to control functionalities and objects on the 2D screen dimension. The mouse is/was a technical and artificial abstraction of user interaction with ... with those things that should and could happen on the screen.

I am sure ... mouse days are over!

Then, my daughter had her 5th birthday and I got my Windows Phone. A Touch device. She suddenly fell in love with it. This was the 1st time she had a real experience using a "pc-like-thing". No mouse device, simply direct and touchable interaction with the UI.

NUI and kinect are the next step. For my 5 year old daughter kinect is another natural experience. But for us "mouse guys" we need to take big steps in our mind. And this doesn't simply mean to think bigger, but to THINK DIFFERENT.

Kinect is a 3D thing. The screen is still 2D. But why? Because we all develope 2D apps. Let's take Microsoft Office.  The ribbon is a 2D experience. It's cool, but 2D. How to handle a ribbon using NUI with a good user experience? In my opinion nearly impossible. But that's not the end of NUI or kinect. That should mark the end of our thinking about developing 2D apps. We should think about how to develope apps like MS Office or Internet Explorer or a media lib in a 3D experience, so that the app and the device to control it fit together.

But let's face it. Without a reliable finger tracking functionality kinect or any other NUI won't be the future of user interface interaction. Not because a Button (you know... back in 2012 the button was a famous control) can only be handled with a precise instrument like a mouse pointer or a finger. But because a finger or a combination of fingers are a NATURAL HUMAN TOOL. We all know that a finger is able to do more than simply pressing a button. And therefore I bet, that this is exactly what Microsoft is currently working on ... to provide reliable finger tracking with a future version of kfw sdk.

With kinect we take part in creating the future of computer experience. This can be really cool. But let us forget the mouse device... let's think bigger, different and MetroKinect.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Hi all,

Kinect SDK is not supported in WinRT env, I was build my own solution to resolve the problem.

Checkout this blog post for détails.

Your feedback is important for me.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:04 PM
  • I agree that kinect support should be included and im going to delete any of my posts were i disagreed otherwise.  But the metro interface is really buggy and needs to be worked on to include kinect support and also still allow a mouse. Its not kinect usage i dont want in windows 8 I want metro gone because its so buggy but if they refined the gui a bit and made it less buggy then I would be using it now (I did use developer preview and man that had problems).

But we still need the mouse until metro gui is fixed and number 2 until mouse apps fade away and are no longer used (which for us companies means a long time because most are small business owners if anyone payed attention in business class in college).

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:58 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Kinect gestures for Windows 8 and Windows 8 applications seems like a no brainer to me. Right now Kinect seems like the best solution for translating touchscreen gestures to the desktop... Even better than a touch screen desktop display. Reaching up to a touchscreen desktop is cumbersome to say the least and as a result you really don't use it after a while. But flipping through metro pages by flicking a few fingers infront of me sounds satisfying and intuitive. I could see it feeling effortless with Kinect. 
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:39 PM
  • I think kinect + webGL is the way to move forward here. On the same lines we build: http://kinesis.io. Love to have your feedback.
    Friday, June 8, 2012 5:23 PM
  • I think kinect + webGL is the way to move forward here. On the same lines we build: http://kinesis.io. Love to have your feedback.
    Amazing, This is what I expected out of the kinectservice but it was a little too restricted. Have you tried to package a winrt or metro app and have it talk back to the server? I think that would solve the OP's question. 
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:20 AM
  • Kinesis.io ... watch the google street view demo, this is an example of what I meant in my post above ... there is a 3D UI (in fact virtually 3D but 3D) combined with the kinect NUI experience.

So think forward ... the future is a 3D logic of an app like MS Word which could be experienced using kinect for windows NUI.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hi guys, maybe you can try it Coding4Fun Kinect Service http://kinectservice.codeplex.com/

The Coding4Fun Kinect Service allows you to stream Kinect color, depth, skeleton, and audio from one PC to another PC or a Windows Phone via sockets. Both server and client libraries are available to send and receive the data.  Please review the included WPF, Windows 8, and Windows Phone samples for a quick explanation of how to use the libraries.  Also check out theDocumentation tab for more information and sample usage.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:57 AM
  • I was hoping that I didn't make a mistake purchasing the Kinect For Windows.  When I purchased this and researched I found it claimed that is was ready for the consumer.  Well it wasn't, for programmers yes but for general use noway.  OK I can wait for it to become ready for the General Consumer and wait I am doing.  One year later and there are still only a handful of apps (most of which are in BETA) that can be used. One of the big reason I see is statements like "Can't people think bigger than controlling a mouse cursor with Kinect?".  Seems that while people are thinking bigger nothing gets put out at least for the general home user.  So controlling a cursor, yes, please give me something. Yes it does look like an amazing technology capable of doing amazing thing's but how about starting with baby steps.   Here's something to start with - Kinect and Skype both Microsoft products, how about getting that application to just be able to use the Kinect camera, I realize this does not involve any motion detection but come on.... Now LeapMotion will be coming out soon and does look like it will be ready for the consumer.  Applications will be available and when they have a wireless version capable of a range of 20 feet then I will be all over that as I have my PC in the living room connected to my 62" big screen tv.  So now for me it looks like a race, Kinect getting some applications or LeapMotion gets a wireless option.  I am not a programmer (for kinect) or someone with a vested interest in LeapMotion just a frustrated end user with a nice looking piece of hardware that does absolutely nothing.
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:59 PM
  • I was hoping that I didn't make a mistake purchasing the Kinect For Windows.  When I purchased this and researched I found it claimed that is was ready for the consumer.  Well it wasn't, for programmers yes but for general use noway.  OK I can wait for it to become ready for the General Consumer and wait I am doing.  One year later and there are still only a handful of apps (most of which are in BETA) that can be used. One of the big reason I see is statements like "Can't people think bigger than controlling a mouse cursor with Kinect?".  Seems that while people are thinking bigger nothing gets put out at least for the general home user.  So controlling a cursor, yes, please give me something. Yes it does look like an amazing technology capable of doing amazing thing's but how about starting with baby steps.   Here's something to start with - Kinect and Skype both Microsoft products, how about getting that application to just be able to use the Kinect camera, I realize this does not involve any motion detection but come on.... Now LeapMotion will be coming out soon and does look like it will be ready for the consumer.  Applications will be available and when they have a wireless version capable of a range of 20 feet then I will be all over that as I have my PC in the living room connected to my 62" big screen tv.  So now for me it looks like a race, Kinect getting some applications or LeapMotion gets a wireless option.  I am not a programmer (for kinect) or someone with a vested interest in LeapMotion just a frustrated end user with a nice looking piece of hardware that does absolutely nothing.

Skype is possible it requires some tech savvy to install but its not that hard. Theirs a directshow filter that someone made for skype already on the forums here (you just need to use the regsvr32 command to get it working, its a little buggy though). jladwig I agree with the fact that thinking bigger means more time leaving out home and important users. People think touch devices are so cool until they miss multiple screens, ability to use multiple windows (before updates or in beta stage this problem was not fixed in windows 8), and the final reason above all is windows 8's buggy internet explorer 10! (I decided after seeing classic shell I would use windows 8 or reinstall windows 7 onto the computer).  Oh, jladwig theirs plenty of applications on codeplex that have ready to run code such as: http://paint.codeplex.com/ (kinect paint), http://kinectmouse.codeplex.com (kinect mouse), and many others which you need to look for (if on windows 8 you need to be in desktop mode). To be honest I have not seen anything besides generic type applications that interest me on windows 8 yet.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:23 PM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Since this has gotten some traction recently and is something I face with the Kinect a ton. I would like to simply place a vote to have the ability to compile for Surface, Have better Metro(whatever the name is now) connectivity, and native support in windows 8 for integrating with with the metro ui. 

My Thoughts: 

The metro ui was made with touch in mind and emulates the xbox 360 experience. In K4W V1.7 Kinect Interactions and Controls look and feel exactly like metro elements. Why not make the leap to surface (pun intended) these elements in the metro UI so I can sell my Kinect based windows games on the marketplace?

Further: 

Right now it is possible to bring Kinect data into a metro app, I first talked about this publicly in this very post. I currently use SignalR along with a console app to take Kinect Skeletal Data and pass it to the metro app. While this is cumbersome it works great and I have full control over my objects wether I want to touch or stand up and interact. Depth and Image data is harder to send since SignalR was meant for low datarate transfers however, I have been successful at rendering images (colored depth or image) saving to disk and then via SignalR tell the metro app to reload the image. While this is jerky (not 60fps) I am able to do it. 

Conclusion: 

I can currently use Kinect in metro apps but would like to have native support and controls for it. This way I could actually sell my apps on the marketplace. Further I would love to be able to compile for the RT, I think Kinect is such a natural fit for tablets. When you are tired of sitting just stand up and continue to work with Kinect. 

Thanks
    David Bates

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:27 AM
  • I agree with David Bates!

Monday, April 29, 2013 1:58 PM
  • To be honest I want that too david and agree. I just want backwards compatibility because most businesses are just now purchasing windows 7 devices especially in the united states were small businesses are everywhere. My workplace only just a few months ago started upgrading to windows 7 computers and we will run those in the ground for a few more years at this rate before buying anything new (we have to go with the  contracts because of public school system and it limits us on what can be bought). I want to get my kinect application to emulate smarttech.com's smartboard so the kinect can be used in notebook. Look at smarttech's website: http://smarttech.com. In addition, I hope I can upgrade my computer and try kinect fusion! (I might upgrade to windows 8 and use classic shell -> I posted about 1-2 years ago when that option was not available).

Edit: my project does do multiple mouse but the final intent was to get it working with smart notebook software by emulating the smart board hardware. The new smart board is years ahead of anything touch capable I can find because it supports multiple users at once. project page: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com. I am at least to beta stage but until I can fix the multiple user Kinect code section then I am stuck.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.co.nr

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:35 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:31 PM
  • I agree with backwards compatibility. Smartboards are a great use of Kinect and they are usually tied to a teachers desk station right (at least it is that way at my son's school) Page-flip and push to click controls seem like a perfect use. I hope you solve your multi-user issue and trudge forward with this. (I'll check out your codeplex project) 

I would however say that Microsoft should not look back when it comes to such an experimental device. We are just scratching the surface on what is possible with this kind of technology and while it is frustrating to be on the forefront of such a new type of interaction system things will level out and the end hardware capabilities will be nothing like they are today. Just look at leap motion and google glass, gesture based systems will be used in more environments that feel more natural than us developers sitting in front of our monitors / projectors trying to interact with systems that are built on mouse based designs. 

This is where I think metro (win 8) / surface / phone 8 comes in. These systems were designed around NUI and fit more naturally so although I understand you wanting it to work in windows 7 and I understand why they released the Kinect SDK to run under the desktop environment I don't think that is where it should stay. I would rather see the team build a base set of controls under the metro theme along with direct os - level integration (like touch and pen) that we can leverage along with the raw data streams and build the next-gen apps. 

+I like to make money and having the ability to sell my Kinect apps on the windows store sounds like gravy to me!

Just my thoughts. 

Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:37 AM