Bob is that you?

Answers

• It's a bit of a shame really, I stopped using gnome when they had their UI revolution. I won't be dropping Windows any time soon, I mean what would I replace it with, but I can think of better ways to enhance the UI than what they did with Metro. I mean stick the damn ribbon on the desktop! The folks at KDE seem to have their heads screwed on straight. Maybe Openindiana + KDE will take over the desktop/office/business market five years down the road. Then Microsoft and Apple can duke it out over the whiz-bang-next-big-thing-this-is-the-future-we-mean-it market.
    • Marked as answer by ksolowoniuk Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:40 AM

All replies

• I know, it stands for Red Pill .. I found that just smart :)
    0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:48 AM
  • the RP = Red pill.
    The metro UI is facing the hard reality..

Even if we all hate metro UI, it's the future, because that's what the non-technical people want.

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:49 AM
  • It's a bit of a shame really, I stopped using gnome when they had their UI revolution. I won't be dropping Windows any time soon, I mean what would I replace it with, but I can think of better ways to enhance the UI than what they did with Metro. I mean stick the damn ribbon on the desktop! The folks at KDE seem to have their heads screwed on straight. Maybe Openindiana + KDE will take over the desktop/office/business market five years down the road. Then Microsoft and Apple can duke it out over the whiz-bang-next-big-thing-this-is-the-future-we-mean-it market.
    • Marked as answer by ksolowoniuk Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:40 AM