SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Error create datasource / upload rdl RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am experiencing issues with my SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Installation Version 14.0.600.1453 (October 2017) on my local computer. I'm able to access the SSRS Webportal and can create folders and KPIs without any issues.

However, I'm prompted by an error message if I try to create a new datasource or upload a report file (.rdl):

An error occurs, please retry.

The RSPortal_2020_01_22_14_27_15 has the following ERROR entry:

2020-01-22 12:41:17.2122|ERROR|81|OData exception occurred: Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010+MissingEndpointException:

Error connecting reportserver, verify conncetion informations and verify that the reportserver runing a compatible version.

---> System.InvalidOperationException:

Client found request-contenttype is '', expecting 'text/xml'.

Some more details:

On my local computer the following Editions are installed:

- SQL Server 2016 developer edition incl. SSRS

- SQL Server 2017 developer edition

- SSRS 2017

- Power BI-Reportserver Version 1.6.7236.4246 (September 2019)

My local windows account is member of SSRS roles: Systemadministrator, Systemuser and
    Report-Generator, Browser, Publisher, Content-Manager, My reports
    Each SSRS Server configuration has a different WebService-URL, Webportal URL.

Reportserver databases are hosted on a local MS SQL Server 2017 Server.

Credentials for the Reportserver Database are set to a local Windows account.

That windows account on the SQL Server 2017 is member of the roles db_owner, public, RSExcecRole for the Reportserver databases.

Authentication (rsreportserver.config) is set to: RSWindowsNTLM

Anyone experienced the same issue and knows how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance, Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From you description, where were you trying to add the datasource?

What is you SSRS2017 edition?

From the error message, you could check existing solution see if they help:

SSRS - The attempt to connect to the report server failed.

SSRS 2014 The attempt to connect to the report server failed. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 1:07 AM
  • Thanks Lukas,

I'm trying to add the datasource on SSRS Webportal.

SSRS2017 edition is Version 14.0.600.1453 (October 2017)

• Edited by BodoHH Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:49 AM
    Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:47 AM
  • Hi Bodo,

I meant for the edition of SSRS, is it also developer edition ? 

Have your checked the web.config file suggestion that mentioned by the link above? Did it not work?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:12 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

SSRS is also developer edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services

As for web.config file suggestion, I did a syntax check using Notepad++ but everything is fine in that file.

Thanks

Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Friday, January 24, 2020 9:20 AM
    Friday, January 24, 2020 9:20 AM