none
Device - Disable Driver Verifier RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

part of my PnP testing, this is one of the three errors that I think causes the test to fail. I look into the child test and there should be a Reboot after the 

cmd /c verifier /reset

I don't know why this fails or what causes it to fail. When I manually run that command on the client PC, the result is

"No Settings Were Changed"

Does anyone experience a similar problem? I'm running WLK 1.6 by the way. 

Thank you

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:55 PM

Answers

• Interesting enough, i found the problem.

The problem is that when the cmd /c verfier /reset command executes the result comes back as "No Settings Were Changed" and the controller set the result as Failed.

To verify the error, I manually went into the verifier window and looked at the options before the command executes. They are all unchecked. The options should be checked for it to pass. Therefore, before this command executes, I check all the options and it passes =)

hope this helps someone else.

• Edited by HoanMT Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by HoanMT Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:01 AM

All replies

• Interesting enough, i found the problem.

The problem is that when the cmd /c verfier /reset command executes the result comes back as "No Settings Were Changed" and the controller set the result as Failed.

To verify the error, I manually went into the verifier window and looked at the options before the command executes. They are all unchecked. The options should be checked for it to pass. Therefore, before this command executes, I check all the options and it passes =)

hope this helps someone else.

• Edited by HoanMT Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by HoanMT Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:02 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:01 AM
  • Hi, I am curious what test job was running at the time?  Driver Verifier will return an exit code of 2 if a reboot is required after changing settings, and an exit code of 0 if no settings were changed (and there were no errors).  It sounds like the task in that test job expected only an exit code of 2, so it would be interesting to see what happened.

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:47 AM