HP TX2 N-Trig Drivers for W8/WDP

Question

• The touch works OOB (Out Of the Box) however, some random glitches/bugs still happen. I know you are working on making this better, however, I wonder if I could use the W7 drivers? Would they work? Also, is there a way to disable the touchscreen instead? I looked at the Device Manager, however, the usual item listed there on W7 for the touchscreen is not there. How would I know which is which?

Additional question, would all W7 drivers be compatible to W8/WDP? Or would I need to wait for special drivers for my other devices?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hey there,

Windows 7 drivers should work for the Windows Developer Preview. Here is another thread that may help with this question as well. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/b49a0597-44f9-4254-bd85-0c7b58e34d8e

As for touch functionality, it is a core feature of Windows Developer Preview, if a system is touch capable, then that function will be enabled. If there is no touch functionality in hardware, then mouse and keyboard functionality is used.

Regards,

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Hey there,

Windows 7 drivers should work for the Windows Developer Preview. Here is another thread that may help with this question as well. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/b49a0597-44f9-4254-bd85-0c7b58e34d8e

As for touch functionality, it is a core feature of Windows Developer Preview, if a system is touch capable, then that function will be enabled. If there is no touch functionality in hardware, then mouse and keyboard functionality is used.

Regards,

Bobby

Thanks, I tried to install the w7 ntrig drivers, but installer ended up with a "fatal error" and did not proceed with the install. Is there's a work around to install the drivers? I did compatibility mode just to amke the installer run since running it without compatibility to w7 it says it does not meet required OS.

Do you happen to have compatible drivers for the HP TX2?

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:33 AM
  • Hey there,

At this time, there may not be an updated driver to be used with this type of hardware with the Windows Developer Preview. The other place I would ask if there is any updated Windows 7 driver from the manufacturer.

Regards,

Bobby

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:15 PM
    Answerer
  • You need to extract the drivers manually from the installshield.exe go to the x86 or x64 subfolder depending on which system you're using, and run the dpinst.exe file there.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 9:21 PM