is Roslyn built into VS2015? RRS feed

• Question

• want to use the CSharpCompilation class.  But I need the Microsoft.CodeAnalysis assembly.  I am not finding it when I add an assembly to the project.  Do I have to install it?  The documentation here says it is a part of VS2015.

https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn

thanks,

Friday, August 5, 2016 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

If you want to add the Microsoft.CodeAnalysis assembly, please have a try with the following steps to add it using the NuGet:

1. Open your project that want to add the above assembly

2.  Right click the ‘References’ under the solution and choose ‘Manage NuGet Packages…

3. At the NuGet windows, click ‘Browser’ tab and search the ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis’, then you will find the object that you want to install

3. After you successfully installed it, you will find the corresponding DLLs under the ‘References’ tab like the following screenshot:

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Steve Richter Monday, August 8, 2016 8:59 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2016 5:26 AM