Help with blazor methodology RRS feed

• Question

• User-916945938 posted

Hello:

I am trying to implement an application with specific interface in mind. I am wondering if this can be achieved in MVC/Blazor application.

Application landing page will have a drop down list, a button (called JOIN) and a data grid. Drop down will have offices list, data grid will display offices that a user is currently member of. Users will select a new office from drop down and click SUBMIT. Once they select an office, a new data grid would load all the resources for that office. A user can then add a new resource to that office.

Is this achievable using MVC/blazor components? This flow where two different data grids are loaded based on click events, is that possible? If so, can I design the entire flow in a single blazor component?

Monday, August 12, 2019 4:04 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

not sure why you would add the blazor overhead (signal/r, blazor client interface)  for this simple of a task, but you can. You would make a blazor component to host in the view, then probably a blazor component for each grid, hosted by the main component.

note: hosting a blazor component in a mvc view is preview only. you wold be safer writing the complete app in blazor. also blazor is only support with asp.net core.

Monday, August 12, 2019 5:55 PM
  • User-916945938 posted

Thank you. Blazor has been picked as the technology so got to work with it.

"You would make a blazor component to host in the view" - can you please explain what do you mean by this? Are you referring to the overall view for the user?

Also, could you please let me know if there is a community forums for Blazor?

Monday, August 12, 2019 6:28 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

the first question is are you using the Blazor template (dotnet new blazorserverside), or trying to use a Blazor component in an existing MVC razor view (doable, but not fully supported)?

the typical Blazer app would create a Blazor page for the view (landing page), and two Blazor components, one for each grid. the first grid would raise an action event on the selection (google for component events).

on this site the "asp.net core" forum (as Blazor is part of asp.net core 3.0 preview) has some, but better support is probably stackoverflow.

note: while I have an interest is the Blazor technical implementation, I have no interest in actually using it. I use react for my projects.

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:59 PM
  • User1520731567 posted

Hi hokn,

Also, could you please let me know if there is a community forums for Blazor?

Because blazor is only support in asp.net core.

I suggest you could move to ASP.NET Core or this Blazor Forums to get more help.

Best Regards.

Yuki Tao

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:48 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

You can host Razor/Blazor components in a Razor Page: https://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/338/using-razor-components-in-a-razor-page

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:44 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

I suggest you could move to ASP.NET Core or this Blazor Forums to get more help.
    There is a dedicated Blazor forum here. This thread has been moved to it.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:45 AM