none
How long does TSI required for the data to be available ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question regarding the data availability on TSI. 

I observed quite sometimes and noticed that the data on the TSI sometimes would be delay very long. Sometimes, I noticed that the TSI data could even be delay up to 1 hour at most. Meanwhile, sometimes it would just work perfectly. (round 5 to 10 mins delay). Can I know how frequent will the TSI updates those data ? Or is there any formula or interval stating how the TSI updates the data? 

Based on the documentation, it should be as "Live" as possible.

Please advice, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks 

Monday, June 17, 2019 11:30 AM

All replies

• As per the documentation, there is an expected measurable delay of up to 1 minute before you will see it in TSI, and you cannot dial that up/down. It's just how the service works.

You are most likely to experience latency and throttling when you:

• Add an event source that contains old data that may exceed your allotted ingress rate (Time Series Insights will need to catch up).
    • Add more event sources to an environment, resulting in a spike from additional events (which could exceed your environment’s capacity).
    • Push large amounts of historical events to an event source, resulting in a lag (Time Series Insights will need to catch up).
    • Join reference data with telemetry, resulting in larger event size. From a throttling perspective, an ingressed data packet with a packet size of 32 KB is treated as 32 events, each sized 1 KB. The maximum allowed event size is 32 KB; data packets larger than 32 KB are truncated.

Also, please refer to Monitor and mitigate throttling to reduce latency in Azure Time Series Insights and Diagnose and solve issues in your Time Series Insights environment.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:56 AM