none
get no camera pictures RRS feed

• Question

• if i connect the kinect sensor to my win8 (virtual machine), run kinect studio and start an application from the samples, my application view is empty. 

maybe because the VM's RAM is under 2 GB and has only 2.40 GHz?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:59 PM

Answers

• If the sample apps run, but you are not getting any data, then you will have to tweak the performance. Blank frames = captured data from the device was not process fast enough or delayed and then thrown out.

Keep in mind the minimum requirements for the VM will have to meet the hardware requirements for Kinect for Windows. In addition to that, the host system will have to have enough resources to allow for that to happen in addition to doing whatever else it is required to run the system. What is the performance of the MacOS system when you are running all of this? Be sure you are assigning at least 2/4 cores to your VM.

Carmine Si - MSFT

Monday, July 8, 2013 5:47 PM

All replies

• What is your host system (host operating system) ?
    You utilize Hyper-V, VMware, Parallel or other Virtualization platform?
    Are you sure have configured the environment to share usb ports?
    Friday, June 28, 2013 12:02 AM
  • OSX Mountain Lion with VMware Fusion. Yes, Kinect is connected to windows.

The different views (3D, Deph and Color) in Kinect Studio are black.

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:35 PM
  • If the sample apps run, but you are not getting any data, then you will have to tweak the performance. Blank frames = captured data from the device was not process fast enough or delayed and then thrown out.

Keep in mind the minimum requirements for the VM will have to meet the hardware requirements for Kinect for Windows. In addition to that, the host system will have to have enough resources to allow for that to happen in addition to doing whatever else it is required to run the system. What is the performance of the MacOS system when you are running all of this? Be sure you are assigning at least 2/4 cores to your VM.

Carmine Si - MSFT

Monday, July 8, 2013 5:47 PM