none
No css tools available for MVA model web creation?

Question

• Hey All,

The asp webforms for visual studios came with css properties, manage styles and apply styles in the viewer. This was a very useful tool for editing page characteristics. I can't see anything similar for the MVA type of webpage? I know that there are some differences between these frameworks, but I don't understand why the css tools for webforms can't be applied to the MVA templates? Have I missed something?

cheers,

Alex.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 12:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Alex,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio and what's the type of your project about MVA type of webpage.

CSS Properties window enables you to view and modify cascading style sheet (CSS) style properties. For Web Forms pages, you can use the CSS Properties window in Design view. You can use it in Source view for any kind of page. You can also use it with an external CSS file or with the Manage Styles window.

So per myt understanding. I think CSS properties windows is only available for Web Form pages.  I have tested in my side using VS2012 and i also found css properties, manage styles and apply styles are only available for ASP.NET Web form project.

I think it is by design in Visual Stduio. If you want to add this feature for other type of the project. I suggest you coud submit as a feature request to the Visual Studio Development team:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, May 30, 2016 5:47 AM