none
BAM Portal not accessible even after user running BAMAppPool having permissions to Bam Views

Question

• Hi,

Bam poral is not accessible. I get popup to enter Username and Password. After entering, it keeps retrying and in the end I get the below error

Server Error in '/BAM' Application.

Access is denied.

Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration.  Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server.  Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

The user is "Administrator" already the 
     BAM Primary Import database owner and has access to all views. when I run bm.exe, I get this message

ERROR: Security management of the BAM view failed.
    The specified account is the Database Owner. The Database Owner always has access to the view and cannot be added to or removed from the view.

Any ideas why this is happening 

PLEASE HELP

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Bala

Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:57 PM

All replies

• Please check if in IIS the default web site (or the root site where you've deployed) has "anonymous" access enabled? If so disable anonymous access and ensure that windows integrated access is enabled/permitted. Also ensure that the application pool has "32-bit application" enabled.

Regards.

Monday, August 14, 2017 4:41 AM
  • Hi,

This error is at IIS level, the unauthorized error is one of the standard pages returned by the IIS when the caller is not authorized.

BAM works on Windows Authentication. In IIS: You need to disable the Anonymous authentication and enable the  windows authentication. Windows authentication will solve your issue.

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:36 AM