none
Unable to create Instance of "Runtime" class in Kinect SDK beta 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have installed  "Kinect for Windows SDK Beta 2" in VS2010 and created a form in WPF in framework 4.0  and now I have added the reference

"Microsoft.Kinect" but now I am not able to create the instance for Runtime class.

Here I am getting compile time error;

Runtime nui= new Runtime();

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• First, I'd recommend that you upgrade from Beta 2 to the V1.0 release of the Kinect for Windows SDK. You'll find that's the version that most Kinect for Windows developers are now using, and you'll be more readily able to get support for it. Download it from http://kinectforwindows.com.

You not only need a reference to the Microsoft.Kinect assembly, but you also need a "using" declaration in your code, typically near the top of your .cs file:

using Microsoft.Kinect;

John
    K4W Dev

Thursday, April 19, 2012 5:03 AM
  • Hi!

I have installed "Kinect SDK V1.0" and also used "Using Microsoft.Kinect;" but the problem is not fixed.

Amit Kumar

Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Use this resource to migrate from beta2Sdk to v1.0. Post for further clarifications.

http://robrelyea.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/k4w-code-migration-from-beta2-to-v1-0-managed/

Thanks,

Bharat.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:35 AM
  • The Runtime Class is exist in the beta2Sdk

and you were use the "Microsoft.Research.Kinect.dll" with following using statements

Using Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui
    Using Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Audio

and now after installing the Kinect SDK V1.0

you must use the new classes of the "Microsoft.Kinect.dll" with the following using statement

Using Microsoft.Kinect

Thanks,
    MOHAMED A. SAKR | Software Development Lead Engineer | EgyptNetwork
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members. Also try to Vote as Helpful

• Proposed as answer by MohamedSakr Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:46 PM