Buggy files numes under Publish tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Me and several colleges are having problem with seeing file names in the Application Files dialog that can be opened from the Publish tab. Almost all of our file names only shows "C". Does anyone know how to resolve the problem? I have no clue what to do about it and it's starting to get really annoying =D!

Regards,
    Joakim.

Friday, March 20, 2009 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Linda.

Well, I've done that like a hundred time.. more or less. =).

I've solved it anyway. The problem was the directory path!

As I develop in both C# and Java, I created a C# directory and a Java directory to separate the code. The studio doesn't like when I have a #-character in the path =). I renamed the directory to CSharp and problem solved.

Lesson learned: Don't use non alphabetic / numeric characters in your directory path.

Thanks for your help Robin and Linda.

Regards,
    Joakim.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:33 AM

All replies

• I've never seen this problem before. I'm assuming the columns are wide enough. What kind of files are they, and can you give me an example of a file name that it is not displaying correctly?

RobinS.
    GoldMail.com
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 9:29 PM
  • Hello Robin.

The files names should look like Proper file names. I wonder a little how the files names are populated. Might C be the driver label (C:)? As if they split the file names at colon and choose the first part, but that sounds a bit strange. Any ideas?

Regards,
    Joakim.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:35 AM
  • Hi Joakim,

Close Visual Studio and then open it again to see if the problem can be fixed.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:04 AM
  • Hi Linda.

Well, I've done that like a hundred time.. more or less. =).

I've solved it anyway. The problem was the directory path!

As I develop in both C# and Java, I created a C# directory and a Java directory to separate the code. The studio doesn't like when I have a #-character in the path =). I renamed the directory to CSharp and problem solved.

Lesson learned: Don't use non alphabetic / numeric characters in your directory path.

Thanks for your help Robin and Linda.

Regards,
    Joakim.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:33 AM