close MessageboxResul is NO how can I stop the process to close RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can I stop the process to close the window after a messagebox asking if the do want to close? and they answer no.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

• You have probably used the Closed event of the window instead of Closing. If you look at my example you'll see it has a CancelEventArgs while you're error shows EventArgs instead.
    • Marked as answer by SunnyShiny06 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• Add a handler for the Closing event of the window and set the Cancel property of CancelEventArgs to true to prevent closing the window:

private void Window_Closing(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e)
            {
                if (MessageBox.Show(this, "Are you sure?", Title, MessageBoxButton.YesNo) != MessageBoxResult.Yes)
                    e.Cancel = true;
            }

• Marked as answer by SunnyShiny06 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by SunnyShiny06 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Sorry it doesnt work to me.

Error 2 'System.EventArgs' does not contain a definition for 'Cancel' and no extension method 'Cancel' accepting a first argument of type 'System.EventArgs' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:46 PM
  • You have probably used the Closed event of the window instead of Closing. If you look at my example you'll see it has a CancelEventArgs while you're error shows EventArgs instead.
    • Marked as answer by SunnyShiny06 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Great man!

Thanks

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 2:51 PM