Auto launch of metro app for custom devices

Question

• I have a custom device & its appropriate driver for which the metadata package has been prepared
    & the information has been updated in the .inf of the driver. I am expecting windows to launch my Metro app(using
    the metadata information provided in .inf)when the device gets connected.
    For this to happen,
    1. Do I need to update "Autoplay Device" declaration in my Metro app? OR will windows
    launch my metro app based on the information provided in device metadata(provided the app is deployed on PC already)
    2. If "AutoPlay Device" declaration need to be filled in my Metro app, then what should be updated in "Device Event"
    field of "launch actions" section in the Metro App declaration(please note that the device is a custom device which is non-volume based)
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Wzybca,

This link should be helpful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh452731.aspx

Best Wishes - Eric

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Hi Eric

I would like to know

1. Whether by providing the Metro App information in Device metadata package(In Application field), will the metro app be launched automatically upon the device connection?

2. As per the link "Auto Launching with Auto Play" only few events (viz WPD/ImageSource, WPD/AudioSource, WPD/VideoSource, StorageOnArrival) are mentioned as device connection events for auto play. Since my device is an custom device which doesn't falls under these categories, what shall be updated in "Device Event" field of Metro App(in Declaration tab)

• Edited by IamMuru Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:51 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:45 AM
  • AutoPlay is supported only if your device is storage or wpd.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:42 PM