Error when hitting enter in search RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently starting a simple lightswitch application to test it's capabilities and I ran into an issue with search. I'll set up the query, drag+drop, set it to a text box, and run it, but when I attempt to actually search (in IE10 desktop) I get this javascript exception:
    Unhandled exception at line 5, column 159297 in http://localhost:43256/HTMLClient/Scripts/msls-1.0.0.min.js

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'type' of undefined or null reference

When I try the same page in chrome (most recent), it works perfectly. Any ideas?
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:15 PM

Answers

• Sorry I never replied. The error disappeared and I couldn't tell you when or how.
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:25 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tried but could not reproduce the issue you're describing in IE 10 desktop. Would you please let me know some more information:

• Are you using VS Update 2 with LightSwitch HTML Client?
    • How are you building your screen? (A screenshot of your screen in LightSwitch designer would be great).
    • If you want to do more trouble-shooting, you can open the default.htm page under HtmlClient, replace msls-1.0.0.min.js with msls-1.0.0.js. That should yield better information about the crash.

Best regards,
    Huy Nguyen

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Sorry I never replied. The error disappeared and I couldn't tell you when or how.
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:25 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 1:46 PM