none
Visual Studio Power Query Source. Credentials error ODBC source RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Connection manage to an ODBC source.  put in the credentials and tested the connection is succecfull.

But when i then use this connection in the Power Query source.  I keep getting the error, that "credentials are required to connect to the odbc source.  I have detected the odbc driver, and i have put in the credentials in the connection manager, which works.  Why do i get this error in the power Query source?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:36 AM

All replies

• Need to fill in

PQ Source Connection Manager Editor Authentication

And I do not know why you need the ODBC in the 1st place.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:12 PM
  • Hi Arthur

As i wrote, i have already done that, and tested the connection to be success full.

Not sure what you mean by this  "and i do now know why you need the ODBC in the 1st place"..  If you know any other way to query directly into a Filemaker server, i'm VERY HAPPY to hear it.. we have been told it's the only way except the API, which requires many hundred hours from the Development company.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:06 PM
  • Sorry, I mean why you need it to be Power Query.

I think you should be good with just having the ODBC connection and then use the regular ODBC Source, not PowerQuery.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:25 PM
  • Hi Seisbye,

Check if these tutorials are helpful.

Please have a try.

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:25 AM
  • We kept running into an error with metadata from the odbc source, even though we have disabled the validate external metadata.    but we could extract with excel with out any problems.. we could see excel used power query.  and we actually set up the extraction, and everything was fine. until we reopened the project
    Friday, September 13, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi Seisbye,

Could you provide some error messages?

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 16, 2019 6:15 AM
  • Error message is shown in the attached photo?  if you are looking for something else, could you please guide me into what message you are looking for
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:22 PM
  • Hi Seisbye,

Have you try ODBC Source?

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:52 AM