none
WOPI Host custom can't edit word file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've developed a WOPI Host to open/edit office file, WOPI Client is OWA 2013 SP1

My WOPI Host can support open/edit exel, powerpoint completely, but only open word file, can't edit word file

When open link to edit file it show message "Sorry, this document can't be opened for editing"

Although, I've implement Cobalt with word file, It hasn't error in debugging and doesn't exist error log in OWA server

My project base on this project of Petrsvihlik in link https://github.com/petrsvihlik/WopiHost

Can you help me to find the cases of problem available in this?

Friday, December 30, 2016 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi HuanBai,

Thank you for posting your question on WOPI. A member of the Open Specification Team will be responding shortly on your thread to assist you with your issue.

Sincerely,

Will Gregg

Friday, December 30, 2016 5:32 AM
  • Hi HuanBui, 

Likely this has to do with the Cobalt library you're using, licensing or both. Can you provide a Fiddler trace of the interaction between your WOPI host implementation and OWA 2013? This could provide some clues. If you can provide this, please send it to dochelp@microsoft.com, referencing my name and the URL for this thread. 

Also, something that could be helpful would be ULS log. This can be found on the OWA machine. First you'll have to start the logging on the OWA 2013 server:

To turn on:

set-officewebappsfarm -logverbosity "Verbose"

restart-service wacsm

To turn off:

set-officewebappsfarm -logverbosity ""

Retrieving the logs: 

The logs are located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeWebApps\Data\Logs\ULS on the OWA server, just use the last or next to last dated log after reproducing the problem.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo 
    Sr Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Friday, December 30, 2016 6:18 AM
  • Hi HuanBui, 

I sent you another email with something to try. Can you please let me know if you received the email? 

Thanks,

Tom

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:14 AM
  • Hi everyone,

I've found solution in my project,

That is bug in my code. In WOPI GetFile function, when this function return data I used Stream response of HttpResponseMessage,  for some reason something Stream position pointed end position before returning the data so that causes problems

So before use Stream to initialize HttpResponseMessage I used: 

var responseMessage = new HttpResponseMessage(HttpStatusCode.OK);
    stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
    responseMessage.Content = new StreamContent(responseStream);

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Thanks HuanBui, glad to hear you found the problem and fixed it. 

Tom

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:53 AM