Deploy to remote server RRS feed

• Question

• User-327023760 posted

Hello, i am able to deploy my asp.net web app to localhost via IIS but when i am trying to use an ip address(e.g my ip address) instead of localhost i have an error "cannot connect to remote server , and to make sure that web deploy and web management service is started"..but in windows 10 pro i cant see the icon Management service in IIS Manager...Can someone tell how to deploy my web app to remote server? thanks a lot

Saturday, October 3, 2020 9:32 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Hello, i am able to deploy my asp.net web app to localhost via IIS but when i am trying to use an ip address(e.g my ip address) instead of localhost i have an error "cannot connect to remote server , and to make sure that web deploy and web management service is started"..but in windows 10 pro i cant see the icon Management service in IIS Manager...Can someone tell how to deploy my web app to remote server? thanks a lot

Where is your website hosted?  Home network? Hosting service?  If you purchased a hosting service then contact the host for assistance.

Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:15 PM
  • User-327023760 posted

I just have a pc working as public server and i want my web app running in this ip address and to be accessible from anyone(not only LAN)..thats all..Any idea how to do it?

Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:24 PM
  • User475983607 posted

gianniskk

I just have a pc working as public server and i want my web app running in this ip address and to be accessible from anyone(not only LAN)..thats all..Any idea how to do it?

There is no way to answer this question accurately as we have no idea how your LAN is configured.  Basically, you have an IP address assigned by a Internet Service Provider (ISP).  You need to configure your local networking hardware to pass any incoming traffic from the assigned IP to a specific IP address within your local network. 

I assume you have a router.  Your router documentation will explain what features are available to accomplish the task.  Port forwarding is one example.

Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:37 PM
  • User-327023760 posted

Well maybe  my description is bad..Do you know how can i enable the Web management service icon to enable remote connections in IIS Manager(i did all the actions for that)? Is it accessible only for windows servers? 

Sunday, October 4, 2020 11:28 AM
  • User475983607 posted

Well maybe  my description is bad..Do you know how can i enable the Web management service icon to enable remote connections in IIS Manager(i did all the actions for that)? Is it accessible only for windows servers? 

The standard docs explain how to configure the Web Management Service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/web-forms/overview/deployment/configuring-server-environments-for-web-deployment/configuring-a-web-server-for-web-deploy-publishing-web-deploy-handler

I typically publish locally and copy the published application to the server.  

Sunday, October 4, 2020 12:15 PM
  • User-327023760 posted

This documentation is obsolete..You cant have access to web management service --> enable remote connections in windows 10 except you have Windows server operating system..Correct me if i am wrong.

Sunday, October 4, 2020 1:31 PM
  • User475983607 posted

This documentation is obsolete..You cant have access to web management service --> enable remote connections in windows 10 except you have Windows server operating system..Correct me if i am wrong.

Web deploy has been around a long time. The linked docs are for Server 2016 and certainly not obsolete.  There's not much we can do if you refuse to follow openly published documentation.   good luck...

Sunday, October 4, 2020 8:32 PM