How to fully clear the experimental instance? RRS feed

• Question

• I was testing a VSIX by buidling the project and it opens in the experinmental instance. The VSIX deploys an item template with a wizard. There was some changes I had to make to the wizard after testing, but no matter what the old version of the wizard/template always loads when I try to load it with F5.

Here is what I have done for sure multiple times:

1. Use the command line option in the SDK Tools to reset the experimental instance.
    2. Rebuild the VSIX file with the most updated .dll from the wizard and item template.
    3. Deleted the entire 10.0Exp folder in AppData.
    4. Deleted the item templates cache in my normal visual studio 10.0 folder.

And yet no matter what when I try and test this vsix, it loads the older version! How do I clear this?

EDIT: Even more confusing. I look in App Data -> VS -> 10.0Exp -> Extensions -> UserProfiel -> My Extension and I see the item template IS the update one, and I decompiled the wizard in that folder too and it is too the updated one. Yet still when I try and run this, it gives me the old one.
    • Edited by Zark Wark Monday, February 6, 2012 3:52 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 3:36 PM

Answers

• Well I figured this out, I had the wizard .dll in the Public assemblies from when I was just testing the standalone item template. I removed this and it fixed the problem.
    • Marked as answer by Zark Wark Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:06 PM

All replies

• Well I figured this out, I had the wizard .dll in the Public assemblies from when I was just testing the standalone item template. I removed this and it fixed the problem.
    • Marked as answer by Zark Wark Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:06 PM
  • Hi Zark,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.

Thank you for sharing solutions here, it is very beneficial for other community members who have the similiar questions.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:49 AM