Firebase Database Question RRS feed

• Question

• User311752 posted

I have simple question.

Xamarin.Forms (PCL) can using Firebase Database?

If possible, Please tell me.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:33 PM

Answers

• User102046 posted

@NANNDA all the implementation i have seen so far, no sample/blog/video give any PCL based solution. you need to implement it on each platform.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:18 AM
  • User328810 posted

@NANNDA

I used Xamarin.Firebase.Database in a shared project in Xamarin.Forms in Visual Studio and it works. At the moment I am only focusing on an iOS version of an App but the setup is similar for Android.

• Make sure your App's bundle ID is the same in your project and in the Firebase App on the website.
    • Download the Google Services .plist file that contains the database configuration and include it in the platform - mine is placed in App.iOS in the same directory as info.plist.
    • Add the file as a BundleResource
    • In the AppDelegate class I did using FIR = Firebase.Analytics and in the finished launching method just above the return statement I did: FIR.App.Configure()

This is the only setup I needed. I attached all my listeners in my shared code and it works. I can't see why it shouldn't work for PCL but also I haven't tried it.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• User102046 posted

@NANNDA all the implementation i have seen so far, no sample/blog/video give any PCL based solution. you need to implement it on each platform.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:18 AM
  • User311752 posted

Oh I found one way. FireSharp worked successfully on PCL. Thank you for answer! :)

Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:01 AM
  • User328810 posted

@NANNDA

I used Xamarin.Firebase.Database in a shared project in Xamarin.Forms in Visual Studio and it works. At the moment I am only focusing on an iOS version of an App but the setup is similar for Android.

• Make sure your App's bundle ID is the same in your project and in the Firebase App on the website.
    • Download the Google Services .plist file that contains the database configuration and include it in the platform - mine is placed in App.iOS in the same directory as info.plist.
    • Add the file as a BundleResource
    • In the AppDelegate class I did using FIR = Firebase.Analytics and in the finished launching method just above the return statement I did: FIR.App.Configure()

This is the only setup I needed. I attached all my listeners in my shared code and it works. I can't see why it shouldn't work for PCL but also I haven't tried it.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:12 PM