AZCopy- Availability on AIX ? RRS feed

• Question

• We understand that AZCopy is available on Linux and Windows. We did installed and executed AzCopy successfully on our Azure cloud Linux VM and were able to transfer data.

We wanted to understand if AzCopy utility is available for install and/or execution on an AIX server ? We have our on prem application server as AIX and wanted to explore the possibility of leveraging AZCopy for bulk data transfer. Otherwise, we might have to end up transferring all data from AIX to another linux or windows machine from which we can execute AZCopy. But this defeats our purpose in doing multiple data hops and consumes time.

Could you please let us know if any one was able to run AZCopy on AIX and/or if there is a possibility to do at all ? Any other solutions are also greatly appreciated.

Note : There is no direct AZCopy Forum available and hence posting on Azure Data Explorer.

Monday, December 3, 2018 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi AZDevad,

Are you attempting to use AZCopy against Azure Data Explorer? Or against Azure SQL? 

You can file a `product-question` via GitHub from the following documentation: Transfer data with the AzCopy on Windows

At the bottom of the page you will find a `Provide Documentation Feedback` link that takes you to GitHub where you can ask questions about the content. I do see a Linux variant of AZCopy, and you could see about an AIX variant. 

Also, you can make a product request: Azure Storage User Voice

Regards,

Mike

Note: Moving to Azure Storage.

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:54 PM
  • @azdevad, unfortunately Azcopy is currently only supported in MAC, Linux and Windows, you can read more in details on the latest release notes: https://github.com/Azure/azure-storage-azcopy 

There are other alternatives to transferring bulk data to azure, I'd advise checking/considering the use of Data box or Databoxdisk   or provide feedback on the following  page
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:03 PM