none
why does adding a value from a dataset to a textbox crash my rdlc report RRS feed

• Question

• I have several reports in my application. most using a single dataset.

recently I added a new value to the dataset and wanted to display it in my report in a text box in one of the reports with only a single dataset. If I type

"=First(Fields!getTubeIndicator.Value)"

or

"=First(Fields!getTubeIndicator.Value, "DatasetName")"

I get the standard error:" Error 1 The Value expression for the textbox 'textbox1’ refers to the field ‘getTubeIndicator’.  Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified data set scope. "

However if I drag getTubeIndicator into a textbox from the dataSource then I suddenly get the same error for almost every single textbox in my report- even one's containing only text

any ideas how to fix this because I need to add some more textboxes to display other values aswell?

I havn't had a problem adding any text boxes prior to this and havn't done anything differently than what has worked before?

• Moved by Youen Zen Monday, September 24, 2012 2:52 AM To provide better support (From:Visual Basic General)
    Friday, September 21, 2012 9:58 AM

All replies