tabbed ajax page RRS feed

• Question

• User-529761549 posted

hi,

i want to create a pagetemplate ratherthan custompage to generated tabbed edit,insert how to do that.for example if i have employee table i want

tab1

firstname

secondname

tab2

postal address

address

suburb

tab3

mailing address

poboxno

suburb

tab4

bank details

i want to create such pagetemplate my defining some sort of attribute mechanism in metadata to pick automatically. please help to sort.any example code appriciated

state

postcode

Monday, January 5, 2009 8:31 AM

Answers

• User-797310475 posted

Hi Mallik,

have a look at the Using ASP.NET Dynamic Data MSDN help topic. It contains plenty of walkthroughs to get you started with the basics of Dynamic Data. I would also recommend Stephen Naughton's blog, which has a lot of samples and solutions to common issues.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:42 PM

All replies

• User-797310475 posted

I don't have a ready solution for you, but you could try defining something like a TabAttribute that takes in a string parameter that will contain the tab's name. Then you can annotate each property with that attribute, where properties with the same value for the tab name will be placed in the same tab.

<STRIKE>Then in your page template you will need to declare a </STRIKE><STRIKE>MultiView</STRIKE><STRIKE> (or a similar 3rd party control), and programatically in the code behind populate each of the views with the right set of DynamicControls for each column.</STRIKE>

If you are familiar with the AJAX Control Toolkit, you could also try using the TabsContainer to create your set of tabs. The advantage here over the MultiView approach would be that switching tabs would not cause a postback.

Edit: Didn't notice you were asking about AJAX

Monday, January 5, 2009 2:59 PM
  • User-529761549 posted

Marcin,

Thanks for reply, yes something like that, can u give some code snippet for defining attributes in metadata and also in pagetemplate.Currently i have created dynamicsite which working fine but i want to change look and feel to ajax tab control

Mallik

Monday, January 5, 2009 10:01 PM
  • User-797310475 posted

Hi Mallik,

have a look at the Using ASP.NET Dynamic Data MSDN help topic. It contains plenty of walkthroughs to get you started with the basics of Dynamic Data. I would also recommend Stephen Naughton's blog, which has a lot of samples and solutions to common issues.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 1:42 PM