ACR 4.6 - Testing WNS

Question

• Hello,

Most of these forums seem to be aimed towards the building of apps but I was hoping that someone might be able to help me.

I am working at a publishing house that has Windows 8 applications in test and we want to ensure the best quality possible on the titles we have and this involves testing the App requirements. Some of these are outside our physical ability due to extenuating circumstances (eg: the titles are not porpped on the Windows Game Store) others it is less clear.

One of these is ACR 4.6 Your app must comply with Windows Push Notification Service (WNS) requirements if it uses WNS notifications.

As a QA tester are there tools/processes we can use to verify any of the following:

- The app is using only one Package Security Identifier

- What would be considered obscuring or disguising the source of the WNS message

- The definition of what would be considered sensitive material

- When an app is using excessive bandwidth (I understand that the standard shifts depending on the nature of the update with 30 minutes being de rigeur for non personal updates and the personal ones can and should be sent immediately)

Any information on this would be very useful

Thanks,

AJ Small

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:18 PM