Export to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a report that I wish to export to Excel.  I have used various methods but continue to open an Excel file that is blank.  I have right-clicked the report in the Object Panel and did an export and I have run the report and performed an export from the top ribbon.  Both provide blank Excel files.  The report will export to Word.

Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Monday, May 6, 2019 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I was able to export a simple query so it appears the issue is the grouping, etc.  I am more than happy to send the dbf if you would like to review.

Sure. My email address is in my profile. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by PU_RJF Monday, May 18, 2020 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi. What is the Record Source of your report? Just curious...
    Monday, May 6, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hello.  I'm pulling information via a query.
    Monday, May 6, 2019 3:52 PM
  • Hello.  I'm pulling information via a query.

So, are you able to export the same query to Excel? If so, we may have to see a sample copy of your db for further analysis.
    Monday, May 6, 2019 5:17 PM
  • The query data does export.  The report has some grouping, averages, etc. that are not reflected in the query.

Thanks

Monday, May 6, 2019 6:39 PM
  • The query data does export.  The report has some grouping, averages, etc. that are not reflected in the query.

Thanks

I guess this means we'll have to see your db to be able to say exactly what is wrong. Maybe a grouped report is not exportable to Excel. You might do a little experiment and create a simple report based on a single table and add one group to the report and then see if it can be exported.
    Monday, May 6, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Hello,

I was able to export a simple query so it appears the issue is the grouping, etc.  I am more than happy to send the dbf if you would like to review.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:51 PM
  • Hello,

Sure. My email address is in my profile. Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by PU_RJF Monday, May 18, 2020 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:51 PM