App Certification Failed - "Highlighted feature from above..." & "Unable to review without functional..." & More... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having issues getting my app to pass certification :(

Failed Requirement: 

1. "Your app doesn't meet requirement 6.2" - I really don't get it, I created a game so how I suppose to give them a proof for age rating? I don't care about age, everyone can play this game. What is the default age restrict to pass this requirement without age rating proof?

Now for the "detailed" PDF file from the tester (Failed  1.2 Requirment):

2. "Highlighted feature from above App description could not be found or is unclear" - what?! The description contains one line that explains exactly what the game does without any extra features or tricks. Why the testers not mentioned the feature that he claimed doesn't exists?

3. "Unable to review without functional test account/service access" - And again... what?! I really don't get it, I don't have any in-app purchases or user management. Just a straightforward game without any complicated management behind the scenes. What can be the issue here?

4. "Feature not functional" - They add a generic screenshot from the game without any extra details about the screenshot. I tested my game on my developing computer with both modes (local machine and simulator) and on a Windows 8 tablet using side-loading feature.

Thank You,
    Motti.

• Edited by Motti O Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:27 PM

All replies

• "Your app doesn't meet requirement 6.2" 

I'm not 100% sure if this is your problem but I think it's the same problem I had. Certain markets,  Brazil, Korea, South Africa and Taiwan, to be exact, require that your game is rated no matter what the game is. You can either have your game rated by the appropriate board or just remove your app from those markets.

"Highlighted feature from above App description could not be found or is unclear"

Perhaps the tester found your game confusing or your games description unclear. Maybe try rewriting the description to reflect your game, then play your game and ask yourself if your description really does describe the features in your game.

"Unable to review without functional test account/service access"

That's strange, I'm not sure what to say about that. Maybe it was a mistake?

"Feature not functional" 

Maybe the tester found something you didn't? I'm not sure but I'd say do a rigorous check through your game to make sure everything works.

Lastly, really read into the notes from the tester. They break down exactly what the problem was.

Good luck! Getting certified was a bit of a pain for myself as well but after you do it a few times (I'm sure there are people that read thoroughly through the content compliance test requirements, I'm not one of those people) you know what to look out for, it's a learning process!
    • Edited by feneq Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:02 PM
  • "Lastly, really read into the notes from the tester. They break down exactly what the problem was."

Have you had any notes from a tester? I certainly haven't had any more than the generic  x.x detailing a number of places where the failure could be but failing to identify what the problem is.

This is in stark contrast to windows phone failures where they give specific details for example

1.  launch the app

2.  from the menu goto X screen

3. press back 3 times and see the app crash.

This is useful feedback.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:13 PM
  • The notes have not been that detailed and specific but for me they've always been enough information to identify the problem. Then again the testers never found a crash like that in my application, if that were the case maybe their notes would be that detailed.
    • Edited by feneq Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:46 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:45 PM