Hardware Certification Kit (HCK) Certifying USB Audio APO. Is it necessary to run the tests on Windows Vista and Win8? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running the Hardware Certification Kit (HCK) tests to certify our USB Audio APOs.

1) Will the certification for Win8.1 be valid for Win8?  Or do I have to run the test suite for both Win8.1 and Win8?

2) Do I need to run the tests for Windows Vista?  I saw something somewhere that made it sound like it would be a checkbox during the submission process, like WinXP used to be.

Thanks for anyone's help

Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Johnson,

According to the Certification policy document, if you have same driver binary for Win 8 and Win 8.1 and if your device is listed in the list of HCK certification policies, then you don't really have to run complete cert for Win 8, only you have to DevFund.INF test on Win 8 and completed test suite on Win 8.1. After merging the package, you have to attach ReadMe file as well, where you have to mention manual errata number for this waiver . Please refer to the policy document for complete info.

Regarding your second query, You have to submit the Win Vista logs first with WLK 1.6, once that submission get approved, while submitting the submission for Win8.1 or Win8, and if you want to get single cat file for all of your OSes, you have to again attach a ReadMe file in which you have to mention the Submission ID of Win Vista and then you submit the logs.

Please refer to the following post https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201991637461466.1073741831.1501450343&type=1&l=2eeef8a99a

Thanks,

Mudit

• Marked as answer by KLJohnson Monday, May 26, 2014 12:31 PM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 3:30 AM
  • I've looked at the Certification policy document, and it doesn't list USB Audio as an approved category for this procedure.  To me, that indicates I need to run the full HCK tests for Win8.  Is that correct?

If I understand your explanation for Vista, I need to run the HCK tests for Vista, then submit the logs by themselves?  I'm not able to merge the results from Win8.1 as a single submission first?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:52 AM
  • Hi Johnson,

If USB device is not listing, then you have to run complete cert for Windows 8 as well.

Regarding Vista submission, you have to run Vista with WLK 1.6, create the submission and submit to MSFT and get it approved.  And for OS above Vista family, have to run with HCK 2.1 and while creating merge package, add ReadMe file mentioning the submission id of Vista drivers and the errata number and submit the logs.

Thanks,

Mudit

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Mudit,

Thanks.  You've been very helpful.

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Johnson,

According to the Certification policy document, if you have same driver binary for Win 8 and Win 8.1 and if your device is listed in the list of HCK certification policies, then you don't really have to run complete cert for Win 8, only you have to DevFund.INF test on Win 8 and completed test suite on Win 8.1. After merging the package, you have to attach ReadMe file as well, where you have to mention manual errata number for this waiver . Please refer to the policy document for complete info.

Regarding your second query, You have to submit the Win Vista logs first with WLK 1.6, once that submission get approved, while submitting the submission for Win8.1 or Win8, and if you want to get single cat file for all of your OSes, you have to again attach a ReadMe file in which you have to mention the Submission ID of Win Vista and then you submit the logs.

Please refer to the following post https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201991637461466.1073741831.1501450343&type=1&l=2eeef8a99a

Thanks,

Mudit

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:30 AM
  • I've looked at the Certification policy document, and it doesn't list USB Audio as an approved category for this procedure.  To me, that indicates I need to run the full HCK tests for Win8.  Is that correct?

If I understand your explanation for Vista, I need to run the HCK tests for Vista, then submit the logs by themselves?  I'm not able to merge the results from Win8.1 as a single submission first?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:52 AM
  • Hi Johnson,

If USB device is not listing, then you have to run complete cert for Windows 8 as well.

Regarding Vista submission, you have to run Vista with WLK 1.6, create the submission and submit to MSFT and get it approved.  And for OS above Vista family, have to run with HCK 2.1 and while creating merge package, add ReadMe file mentioning the submission id of Vista drivers and the errata number and submit the logs.

Thanks,

Mudit

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Mudit,

Thanks.  You've been very helpful.

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:31 PM