none
c# I2C smartcard SN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a problem. With contactless cards i read smartcard UID and it is ok. Now I have to implement contact cards. MIFARE Classic 1k and I2C. For Classic ATR is long 15 bytes and i gues that i will find SN in it. But for I2C ATR is only 6 bytes long.

How I can get SN for I2C in C# using pc/sc? 

Now I am using:

SCardGetStatusChange

For ATR.

SCardConnect and SCardTransmit

For UID

Readers: omnikey 5321 and 3021.

Friday, August 1, 2014 8:01 AM

Answers

• Hi mateuszro,

I don't think there is an windows API can do this. As far as I know, there is no standards of the command to retrieve serial number of the smart card.

That means different devices may have different command to get the serial number. If you are trying to get the serial number for all smart card, I don't think it is possible. But if you would like to get the sn for certain smart cards, I will suggest you contact the third-party vendor to let know you the command.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 4, 2014 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into this case, if we have any result, we will tell you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 4, 2014 5:47 AM
  • Hi mateuszro,

I don't think there is an windows API can do this. As far as I know, there is no standards of the command to retrieve serial number of the smart card.

That means different devices may have different command to get the serial number. If you are trying to get the serial number for all smart card, I don't think it is possible. But if you would like to get the sn for certain smart cards, I will suggest you contact the third-party vendor to let know you the command.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    Alan Yao
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 4, 2014 8:07 AM